eps transparent Bacground in Photoshop

8 years ago

Hi,

Very nice program - Thank you!

I am not that familiar with Illustrator so exporting to eps and loading in photoshop. when I do that the background is white and I expected (would prefer)transparent. What is the trick to fix that?
Thanks for any help
Best
Paul

8 years ago

Hi Paul, could you please try to enable "transparent" checkbox for background in "Colors and Animations" section and then try to export your cloud in EPS?

Another option would be to remove the background in Illustrator but I can't tell you how to do it as I don't have Illustrator software.

8 years ago

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your help I will give that a try in a moment and let you know. It sounds like the right solution and I did not see that option. It is possible to remove the background in photoshop provided it has a unique colour, but its really first prize if it comes in transparent.
Enjoy Best Paul

8 years ago

Hi Alex,
Works perfectly.
Thank you very much
Paul

8 years ago

Thank you, that worked for me too.

6 years ago
Paul, can you tell me exactly which method works?
I've tried saving the files as EPS with a transparent background, but when I open the .eps file in Photoshop CS5 it automatically dumps it all on one layer with the white background. I see no way to select "retain transparency" when opening the file.
Or was it the Illustrator method that worked, and if so exactly how did you do that?
Any help appreciated!
PS: I want to stick with Photoshop if I can, my Illustrator skills are limited!
Edited 26 Jul, 2017 04:57
6 years ago
Totally weird -
Now this morning when I tried it - created & downloaded the EPS as transparent, and opened it in Photoshop - the transparency was maintained.
And then when I tried it later again a moment ago, it's filled in again with no transparency.
Maybe there's some small thing I'm not doing consistently to get this right?
Or is it possible that there's a glitch in the WordArt software when it creates .EPS files?
Any suggestions appreciated!
Edited 26 Jul, 2017 16:10
6 years ago
OK I've figured this out -
When the SHAPE TRANSPARENCY is set to ANYTHING HIGHER THAN ZERO, then for some reason the .EPS file gets produced with a white background, and it is not transparent.
If you choose a ZERO for the shape transparency, then it produces an .EPS file with a transparent background every time.
This must be a glitch in the software, because it should be creating a transparent background no matter what transparency the actual shape itself, is set to.

Hope Word Art support can provide some feedback on this, thanks!
6 years ago
It is not a glitch in the software. When you set the shape transparency to a value bigger than zero, you actually tell the software that you want your shape background image to be included in EPS file. But EPS format doesn't allow you to embed an image with transparent background, therefore the shape background image is added with a solid background.

I recommend you to use SVG instead as it doesn't have this limitation.
6 years ago
Thanks for the prompt reply and clarification Alex, much appreciated, I will check out the SVG option!
Edited 27 Jul, 2017 15:00