Sizing of the whole word cloud to fit a sidebar

2 months ago
Hello

Just purchased 1 HQ *to test* to see if we can get this working for our site.

Would like the word cloud in the sidebar of products, however at this time, it is super small and you can barely see it.

Created a test page on our staging site - with the cloud as the page (and it's somewhat larger) and the cloud in the sidebar - where we ultimately want it - but the full width of the sidebar …

https://tabledesigns.com/Staging_vs2/test-code-word-cloud/

Please advise.

Thank you.

Laurie of Table Designs
2 months ago
Hi,

You need to increase the height of the div.wordart. For example, you can use the below CSS code:
.wordart { height: 20rem }
2 months ago
Hi Alex, this helped a lot however it's now adding a lot of empty space (padding?) at the top? (around the whole cloud actually) … I can't suss out where that is happening… when I 'inspect', I keep seeing it's "Powered by Wordart.com" ??
Edited 15 Feb, 2024 17:57
2 months ago
Hi,

I suggest you ask a web programmer to solve those web layout issues. Unfortunately, it is beyond the realm of our support.

Regarding the "Powered by WordArt.com" attribution, I don't see it on the web page you sent. If you keep seeing it, please contact support.
2 months ago
So… I am a web programmer … I guess I should ask this instead …

Can the tag cloud be a rectangle (horizontal) as opposed to a square or center align if nothing else?

Since you can have shapes - I'm thinking there must be a way for a wider format…

The "Powered by WordArt.com" shows up when you use the "Inspect Tool" - found by right clicking around the area you are trying to inspect and selecting INSPECT from the choices (typically at the bottom on Chrome or Firefox.)

Also, I was wondering if the word cloud couldn't in fact be scalable? In percentages as opposed to sizing according to the font size?

So you understand what I am trying to accomplish is the cloud is viewed the same and correctly on more than one device - on a desktop, on a 27" large monitor and on mobile -

SO you can see what I am seeing…

Staging: https://tabledesigns.com/Staging_vs2/product-category/products/custom-table-tops/

Versus LIVE: https://tabledesigns.com/product-category/custom-table-tops/

I CAN change the column and body width of our template but then the cloud overlaps into the content area - it doesn't do that when the percentages are different - but I cant align the cloud or widen it to fill the extra space – if it scaled it would be perfect for every device/platform.
Edited 15 Feb, 2024 19:43
2 months ago
Can the tag cloud be a rectangle (horizontal) as opposed to a square or center align if nothing else?
Yes, you can make a rectangle word art. To do that, choose the square shape from the Geometric category, click the Edit button at the top of the Shapes section, and set the aspect ratio to your desired value.

The "Powered by WordArt.com" shows up when you use the "Inspect Tool"
That cannot be removed.

Also, I was wondering if the word cloud couldn't in fact be scalable? In percentages as opposed to sizing according to the font size?
It is scalable. For example you can use the below CSS to make your word art fill the width of the parent div.
.wordart
{
  width: 100%;
  aspect-ratio: 1;
}
2 months ago
Hey Alex,

So I was telling you WHERE I was seeing the "Powered by Wordart" because you said that you didn't see it …

"Regarding the "Powered by WordArt.com" attribution, I don't see it on the web page you sent. If you keep seeing it, please contact support."

I'm not trying to remove it — AND — I purchased a SECOND cloud yesterday and added all of the links to each word - and the code has no links - none of the links are active.

I submitted a post to the forum for that (separate from this)

Appreciate the help on the aspect ratio - I don't however want to purchase ANOTHER cloud in order to get the links to work - I ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

And from what I am seeing - the aspect-ratio css isn't working.
Edited 16 Feb, 2024 20:07
2 months ago
I've answered you via email.