Why do some words not allow you to move them manually?

8 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to this - but just wondering why do some words not allow you to move them manually in edit mode?? Is there anyway I can move them?

Thanks.

8 years ago

Hello Andrea,

Just top 50 words can be moved in Edit mode.
It is done for optimization stake as otherwise Edit mode will be very slow.

Why would you need to move the small words?

8 years ago

Thanks Alex. I will rethink what I was making!

8 years ago

I have created a Christmas tree but want our surname at the top not one of my children's names - can I do this?

Sorry for tagging on to your post.

TIA

8 years ago

Steelbird, just switch to Edit mode and place the words how you want them to be.

7 years ago
Ugh - When you have 59 words and can't move the last 9… Why would you set an arbitrary limit? Should be something that I can set. Now I have to keep Visualizing, reseting and hoping that the words are ones I can edit in their placement, is that correct?

Thanks -
Alexa
7 years ago
Hi Alexa, why would you need to move the last 9 words? Just move the big words and then re-visualize your word cloud to remove the words collisions.
7 years ago
Hello Alex - So, this may seem easy to you but you're assuming that the words are actually different in importance. We are using ours for names - so by cutting it off at 50 words, I cannot move or resize the last 9 names. If I move them and revisualize, it will throw off the entire design, for the sake of a few adjusments.

I would encourage you all to think about removing that limit - or making it an option. People may be using the cloud without wanting some words to be less significant than others.
7 years ago
Hi Alexa. I've extended the limit till 100. Hope it helps.