First 10 or so words in the list are always HUGE!!!

9 years ago

Greetings,

I'm currently doing a word cloud for an upcoming campout event, and I am doing a cloud with everyone's names who are going to the event.

Currently i have over 100 names on the list, but i've noticed that the first 10 are always HUGE no matter how many times i hit the randomize button.

I've played with the word sizes, and i've tried it all as the same size in the layout options, but with every name the exact same size it just doesn't look good, i like having a bit of fluctuation in the sizes.

I realize that if i only had say 30 names they they would have to be huge to fill in the space, but when i'm over 100 (will probably be about 150 total) all the words should shrink down to fit the space. The problem is the latest names added are so small you almost need a microscope while the original 10 names are still HUGE!

Any thoughts, advice, help?

9 years ago

Could you please try the following:

1) Make all sizes equal to 1 in "Words" section
2) Select "Keep as is" for "Words relative size" in "Layout" section
3) Visualize your cloud

Is it better now?
If not could you please save the cloud and provide its name so I could look at it.

9 years ago

Hi,
I face the same problem too. I'm in a midst of designing our class t-shirt. I've got 42 names and the first few words are always large. For wordle, names that we key in more than once will be larger than the rest. The size is usually the same for the rest. The only set back is that they do not have shapes. It's all random.

Pls help

9 years ago

I'm sure this question has been asked, but I can't find it.
1: Can I change the color of specific words, once I have 'visualized' it, and I like everything else about it?
2: Among my list of words, I want a few of them to be larger font. Should I be using the font size on the 'Words' page as actual font size, or is that a numerical scale, like 1 through 5? Then...
What would I select on the layout page in the 'leave as is' and 'relative' sections?
Thanks... from a little technically challenged ;-)

9 years ago

Hi Laf,

first of all next time please raise a new thread with a question that doesn't relate to the current thread.

1. You can change the color of a word in Words section. But all the repetitions will change the colors too. Here you have 2 options:
a) Disable repetion of this particular word
b) Become a premium subscriber, export your cloud in EPS format, open it in Inkscape or any other vector image editor and change the color of any word.

2. Regarding larger font there are 2 options as well:
a) Check "keep as is" for "Words relative size" in "Layout" section and then change word's size in "Words" section
b) Switch to Edit mode and resize words manually

Best regards,
Alex