Premium SVG save problem

9 years ago

When I save an SVG file it comes into Silhouette Studio as an empty file. It opens in CorelDraw, but each word has a hatched backing rectangle that must be manually ungrouped and deleted. Also there are always several random letters on to of the cloud. It would be easier not to have to spend time cleaning up the file.

9 years ago

BTW, an EPS file opens cleanly in CorelDraw, but the format is not supported in my cutting software where I need it.

9 years ago

Can you open the SVG file in a browser? Does it desplay correctly? If yes then the problem is with Silhouette Studio software and unfortunately I cannot do anything with it.

If EPS is not an option too then you can try using HiRes PNG.

9 years ago

Alex, aloha!

I am a new Premium user, saved my first image in .svg and imported into Illustrator CC. Each word in the cloud displays as a strange series of boxes with a plus mark (+) inside the box. Each box is clearly a letter but not displaying. Do we know what is happening?

Mahalo, that's our Hawaiian thank you.

9 years ago

Sadasivanatha, aloha :)

I suggest you to save your cloud as EPS and then import it into Illustrator CC. Unfortunately SVG is known to have bad support in image editing software.