Excel import not detecting duplicate words

8 years ago

Hi, I have been able to copy and paste full strings of text from Excel successfully, but with a particular data set the import feature treated those strings as independent elements. I even separated the words into separate rows and Tagul still wasn't able to combine identical words. For example, Facebook, facebook, facebook, FACEBOOK would all have a size of 1.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on the matter!
Thanks,
Greg

8 years ago

I am using Chrome 42 on Windows 8.1 Flash 17.0.0 with javascript and cookies enabled.

8 years ago

and here is the data I am having a problem with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_rF8FOvppyXlqBT3e2HCRW1ya3HQ-AR4vUMRvXAJw8Q/edit?usp=sharing

8 years ago

The problem is that you put each word on a separate line thus Tagul thinks you use CSV format and keep your words as is. You need to remove new lines from the pasted text to force Tagul process it.

8 years ago

Thanks Alex, so as long as I have at least two words on each line then it will process correctly?

8 years ago

May be. When importing text Tagul tries to identify whether you are using CSV format or not by evaluating the amount of line breaks and semicolon symbols in the text. If there are many of them then the text is treated as CSV and words are not processed and grouped. So removing some line breaks may fix the problem. But to be on the safe side I suggest you to remove all the line breaks.