Starting picture

7 years ago
Hi guys.
Thanks for your help with my last query. it was really useful and appreciated.

I'm working on a new project using a photo of someone and I want to fill it with words relating to that person. So far, it looks OK but I'm missing details from the persons face that would make it look so much better.

Is there a general rule on initial picture settings to get this effect - or does it relate to original size of image (both resolution & canvas size).

Feel free to take a look at my image if that helps?

Thanks in advance,

DB2709.
7 years ago
Hi, could you please save the word cloud and advise its name, so I could have a look and advise you what can be done to improve it?
7 years ago
Hi Alex.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. The cloud I've been doing recently is called TonyAdamsCup.Black - but also TonyAdams.Black.2

If I could get a steer on soem basic settings for improving the details - and making the people recognizable, I could really get the portfolio moving and do some more downloading.

My plan is to get things printed in UK A4 and A3 - so I'm guessing I'll need a certain type of download for this to work?

Thanks again.

DB2709
7 years ago
dbaxter2709, the problem is that real photos are not well suited for Tagul word clouds. The image you used is quite complex (has a lot of small details) and it is very hard to fill it with words in a way it looks pretty. The best shapes for Tagul are cliparts that have have less details.

Anyway to improve your word cloud image I suggest you to increase the amount of words placed. To achieve this move the "define" slider for "Words amount" parameter in the "Layout" section to the most right position and re-visualize your word cloud. You can also try changing the layout to "Horizontal / Vertical".