EPS no longer supporting transparency

7 years ago
It looks like the EPS downloads are no longer supporting transparency. It looks like this change/bug has only happened recently. Please advise.
7 years ago
Hi Stewart, first of all EPS does not support transparency by the standard. But since recently we added the background shape image behind the words, and it may impact EPS files you download. I suggest you to move the "shape transparency" slider in "Layout" section to the most left position (zero value) and try to export your word cloud in EPS format. Does it solve your problem?
7 years ago
I found the "Shape Transparency" slider, but it was under the "Colors…" section.
Unfortunately, I was unable to actually move the slider either way and it seems stuck on 0.5.
7 years ago
Ok. I solved it. There is also a slider once you click on "Background Color" and I moved it all the way over to transparent. I think the new coding is failing to check the status of the "Transparent" flag (which is located right next to "Background Color". May want to fix that but for now, I'll just continue to slide the Color slider all the way to transparent when I need transparency.
This was a little frustrating since everything was working fine previously.
7 years ago
I've just checked it and it seems working fine. You don't need to slide the Color slider when the "transparent" flag is enabled. If it still doesn't work for you, could you please advise what you see at https://whichbrowser.net, so I could understand what software you use?
7 years ago
Hi Alex, I'm also having trouble with transparency. I previously was able to type one name, no repetition, black text, and click the transparency box and when downloaded, I had no white block around the text. I have tried all of your other advise on previous posts (Sliding to the left on all 3 colour options), wasted LOTS of downloads and still I'm unable to create what I want.
7 years ago
Hi moodles101203, could you please send the file you downloaded and the screenshot of how you see it to the support email, so I could investigate the problem?
7 years ago
I just paid for a one month subscription and downloaded my first image.
An eps. I want a transparent background around my shape just like the free low equality images I have downloaded.

I filled a black shape with words.
When downloaded, the eps has my shape in a white box.
Also, the edges of my black shape are ragged. How do I avoid this?

edit:
I just downloaded the free png version, the svg and eps version of the same word cloud. The background is transparent behind my black shape ONLY in the free png.
The svg and eps version have my black shape on a white background.
smile
Edited 20 Jan, 2017 16:54
7 years ago
Hi LorettaS, could you please send the files and the screenshots of 'ragged edges' and 'white box' to support email, so I could check what is wrong there?