Non-Profit Use - Posters. Commercial terms don't make sense to me?

7 years ago
I am doing some voluntary design work for a non-profit and wish to use a Tagul Word Cloud as part of a promotional poster design for our ongoing event series.

Now, I'm assuming I need a commercial license, which in itself is not too unreasonable given the basic pricing structure - one cloud, one HQ download, in theory I'd be done at a very low cost…but…the big problem is that the terms state 100 physical reproductions, which quite frankly is confusing and seems very low - is that per HQ download (potentially workable), or per-design produced (dealbreaker) or what?

It also strikes me as a little unenforceable and very much honesty based, unless the lovely folks who built this great tool are going to come wander around the one city I'm posting in and count posters on street corners (which incidentally will get torn down periodically and have to be re-posted - so how does that work against the limit too?)

So, the upshot is that I'm not looking to break the terms in any way, but what I would appreciate is some guidance on real world usage here, as whilst we can't afford to pay huge sums, I do appreciate the value-add to what I am doing and don't mind a reasonable license deal on that basis.

Also, once other similar non-profits in my space see the work I've done, hopefully they'll be asking how I did it and I can make a positive referral to this service, which is has been the best suited to my needs so far.

Am I the only one to run in to this?
7 years ago
is that per HQ download (potentially workable), or per-design produced (dealbreaker) or what?
You obtain the commercial license per HQ downloaded image, not per-design.
Edited 13 Jan, 2017 07:02
7 years ago
Okay, so to run off 1000 posters would be $15.99 - 100 copies per download * 10 HQ downloads (each of the exact same image/cloud)…that could work well.
7 years ago
Yes, exactly