Precise word sizing

7 years ago
Hi. When I use the "Use size column" feature, I'm still not getting the words displayed accurately according to their size. Is there any way of making the size of the words precisely reflect their size/mentions? Thanks.
7 years ago
Please read this FAQ entry regarding your question.
7 years ago
Thanks Alex. I had seen/read that FAQ (The size of words doesn’t seem accurate, how to fix it?), and have been using the "Use size" option in the Layout tab, but the size of some words with the same size number (especially smaller ones) seems inconsistent.

Is this because of the following FAQ (How to make all words the same size.) and the fact the Tagul is creating approximate, rather than accurate, sizes?

If so, it doesn't sound as if I can produce a cloud where the word sizes accurately reflect their size. Is this correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
Edited 26 Jul, 2016 14:29
7 years ago
Is this because of the following FAQ (How to make all words the same size.) and the fact the Tagul is creating approximate, rather than accurate, sizes?
Yes it is exactly because of this

If so, it doesn't sound as if I can produce a cloud where the word sizes accurately reflect their size. Is this correct?
Unfortunately in many cases you can't produce a word cloud where the word sizes accurately reflect their size because Tagul algorithm tries to fill the selected shape at the first place in the meantime sacrificing the accuracy of words sizes.
7 years ago
Thanks Alex

Is it likely, do you think, that Tagul will ever have an option where you can prioritise word size over shape accuracy?
7 years ago
Unfortunately it is unlikely as we have no plans to change the core algorithm of words placement.