Word Sizing not reflective of frequency

7 years ago
Hi,
I am noticing that the size of the words in my word cloud do not reflect frequency. More frequent words are not larger. The size of the words appear to be random.
Is there a way to ensure that the more frequently used words are larger/stand out more?

Thanks,
Carolyn
7 years ago
Could you please enable "Use size column from words table" checkbox for "Words size" parameter in "Layout" section and try again?
7 years ago
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, but when I did as you instructed and I set "Use size column from words table", all the words become the same size. The "Maximize" gives more variation to the word sizes, but the larger and bolder words are not the ones used more frequently.

I love the Tagul image, but I had expected that a built in feature would be that more frequently used words would be displayed more prominently and this is not the case.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Carolyn
7 years ago
Hi Carolyn. If the words became the same size then most likely the size column in Words section contained 1 for all the words. Please increase that number for the words you want to stand out and visualize your word cloud again.

If it still doesn't work please save the word cloud and advise its name so I could have a look what is wrong there.
Edited 18 Apr, 2016 07:55
7 years ago
I am having the same issue. Sometimes I can take loads of text data (say a 5 page conversation) without a word count column and it works. Other times I will select a column of words in excel (some of which are repeated) and it will automatically assign all of the words a count of 1.

Does this mean Tagul doesn't automatically count the words for me?
7 years ago
Timdegennaro, when you place a word per each line Tagul thinks that you are using the special import mode and doesn't count the words. To fix that you need to put the words on 1 line separated by spaces.
7 years ago
Thanks!