empty spaces

8 years ago
Hi, when I previously used the edit mode to manually resize and move individual words to where I wanted them to be, as long as they were selected and had the box around them they stayed in the exact position when I visualised the cloud so that the rest of the words adjusted to the new layout. Now when I use edit mode to resize and move words I am left with spaces from where the words were originally. If I visualise the cloud then ALL of the words move and change size even the ones that are selected. Please help.
8 years ago
Hi Kellie, if you visualize it second time are the selected words kept intact?
There was a change recently that fixed inconsistent placement of selected words which has side effects. I.e. all the old word clouds with selected words created before yesterday will be mixed up when visualized again and you need to manually reposition the selected words. But you need to do it only once for old clouds.
8 years ago
Hi Alex, this is happening in anew cloud that I started today. I tried visualising a second time and no the selected words do not stay in tact. The gaps get filled in but the selected words all move in position and size too.
8 years ago
Hi Kellie, I've looked at your latest cloud and it indeed has the problem you described. But the root cause is the same that it was created before the update. Probably you duplicated that cloud or your browser fetched the update a little late. Anyway if you click "Reset" button in Edit Mode, visualize your cloud and position the words the way you like they won't be mixed up. Also if you now create a new empty cloud (not duplicate) you won't have that issue.
8 years ago
Hi Alex, thank you and yes it is all ok now.