Custom Shape / final Image Properties PNG / changing Position

10 years ago

I use a custom shape with the size: 900x456
Image properties: Width 900 Height 464 - fixed aspect ratio

my problems:
* result size height varies between 460 to 510 for each rendering
* the position of the resulting image is not at the same position as the custom shape
* size of resulting word cloud varies too

Is there any solution for this problem?

10 years ago

Hi Andreas,

The result dimension can be different to what the original image has because not every pixel of it is filled with words.

The position may be slightly different as well.

Words size may vary (especially for small words) because Tagul tries to fit the shape at the first place sacrificing words size accuracy.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you want your tag cloud to be exactly the same as your image so you could put the words over image? May be there is a solution for your needs.

10 years ago

I use a custom shape and create a Word-Cloud with transparent Background. Then I position it over the custom shape a specific Backgroundcolor and a Border.
http://screencast.com/t/ApyE9cs2B

10 years ago

I see. It is a little triky because you need to scale the result cloud to fit your original image and then manually place it over the image. On the screenshot you attached the cloud is a little bigger than it should be.

9 years ago

I created a custom shape with a Word Centered in the middle and saved it as a png because I wanted a specific word in a specific color in the middle of the image. My assumption was since the word became part of the image it would maintain it's position and color. However when I uploaded it (and I checked use shape colors) and hit visualize to create the cloud with the text I included the word that I made part of my image does not appear.

What did I do wrong?

9 years ago

@vidabonita53, could you please send custom shape png and the result you got to support email? Otherwise it is impossible to understand what went wrong.