If you wish to integrate Tagul clouds into your web site and need an automated solution here is Tagul API for your needs.
What is Tagul API in a nutshell?^
In a nutshell Tagul API is XML-RPC server that uses HTTPS as its transport. There is a method called ‘generateCloud’ that takes cloud xml as parameter (see example) and returns svg cloud file compressed by zlib. All cloud customizations (shapes, fonts, colors, angles, etc.) are done in the cloud xml file. The generated cloud file is rendered by Tagul flash component. Both generated cloud and the flash component can be hosted on your web site so you won’t depend on Tagul while serving clouds to your site’s visitors.
How API works step by step^
- Contact me at and get your userName and apiKey.
- Create your cloud xml file. You can download this one to start playing with.
- Use your favorite XML-RPC client to request Tagul API service.
Here are script examples in PHP and Python 3.
- Host tagul.swf and generated mycloud file on your web site.
- Embed your cloud in your html page. You can see an example here.
How much time does it take to generate a cloud via API?^
It takes about 5 seconds
How much does it cost?^
Basically I charge per cloud generation but any convenient for you scheme is possible.
What about a free trial?^
Sure I’ll give you a month of free trial. Please contact me at .