If you wish to integrate Tagul clouds into your web site and need an automated solution you are welcome to use Tagul API.
What is Tagul API in a nutshell?^
In a nutshell Tagul API is XML-RPC service. There is a method called ‘generateCloud’ that takes cloud XML as a parameter and returns SVG cloud file compressed using zlib method. All cloud customizations (shapes, fonts, colors, angles, etc.) are made in the cloud XML file. The generated cloud file is rendered by Tagul flash component. Both generated cloud and the flash component can be hosted on your web site so you won’t depend on Tagul while serving clouds to your site’s visitors.
How does API work step by step?^
- Create a cloud using online Tagul form. Then get API XML by clicking on the corresponding button at the bottom of Grab and Share section
- Setup your software to generate customized cloud XML based on the saved one.
- Use your favorite XML-RPC client to send a request to Tagul API service.
Here are script examples in PHP and Python 3.
- Host tagul.swf and generated cloud file on your web site.
- Embed your cloud in your html page. You can find an example of embeding by following this link.
Connection information can be found inside the examples above
How much time does it take to generate a cloud via API?^
It takes about 3-4 seconds.
How much does it cost?^
$0.1 USD per 1 cloud generation.
What about a free trial?^
Every registered Tagul user recieves $5 USD credit (50 cloud generations) to try the service.